Fostering For Dashing Dog Rescue
Animal Foster Rescue
Fostering is one of the most rewarding experiences you will ever have. Fostering animals saves countless lives while bringing joy and love into your home. Admittedly, fosters always take a piece of your heart when they leave, but it's always replaced by the next foster that needs your love and attention. So many of the dogs that come back to visit Dashing Dog Rescue after their adoption are thrilled to see their foster mom or dad. They never seem to forget who saved their life and gave them hope for the future.
Ten Reasons To Foster A Dog:
- In animal rescue, a foster home is a necessary ingredient for moving a dog out of a shelter and on the way to a loving forever home.
- Some dogs do not handle in a shelter environment very well. They may be elderly or frightened of the smells and sounds. These dogs have a much greater chance of being adopted if they are placed in a foster home that can provide the love and affection they need and deserve.
- Fostering a dog can be a rewarding experience for anyone. As long as you are allowed to have pets, you can enjoy the companionship of a dog that needs a temporary loving home.
- As you spend time with your foster dog, you can learn about canine behavior, grooming, and social interactions with other humans and animals.
- You will learn the finer points about the dog’s personality. This is a wonderful gift you can give to an individual looking to adopt. You will be able to inform the individual about the strong points like playing and cuddle habits. Additionally, you will be able to share the areas that need more focus if they are considering adopting your foster dog.
- If you already have a dog, fostering can provide your pup with a companion and playmate.
- Fostering a dog teaches children about love, compassion, empathy, and responsibility.
- Fostering means that you save a life. You are making room for another dog at the shelter. One more open run or kennel means one less dog put to sleep.
- Fostering a dog lets you participate in the rehabilitation of a traumatized or needy dog. The attention and security a foster family provides to the foster dog during his or her stay can transform the dog’s personality, making the pup less timid and less emotionally or physically injured.
- Most of all, fostering is incredibly satisfying. The day your foster dog finds his or her forever home may be a sad one for you, but know that he or she would not have made it to this point without your efforts and affection.
How The Dashing Dog Rescue Foster Process Works:
- Complete a Dashing Dog Rescue Foster Application, and then submit the application via email, or drop the application off at one of our Dashing Dog Rescue adoption events.
- Our Dashing Dog Rescue Coordinator will contact you and answer any questions you have. Then she will arrange to come for a home visit.
- When you are ready, Dashing Dog Rescue will find a dog or puppy for your family.
- Sometimes our dogs come from the shelters fully vetted, and occasionally we have to get them to the veterinarian for shots, microchips, spay/neuter, and other medical treatments. Fosters typically transport the dogs to and from these appointments, but if your schedule prevents you from doing so, Dashing Dog Rescue will arrange transportation.
- Dashing Dog Rescue keep all dogs for two weeks before adopting them out. This provides time to get to know their personalities and habits, as well as make sure there are not any lingering medical issues.
- If all is well after the two weeks, Dashing Dog Rescue either post available dog's online, or take them to adoption events, or both. It is up to fosters to get the dogs to adoption events. Dashing Dog Rescue adoption events take place on Saturdays from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.. We currently have events at Petsmart in Flower Mound and at Hollywood Feed in Bartonville.
- Dashing Dog Rescue is always looking for individuals to foster any breed, any size, and any age dog. If you have room in your home and your heart for an extra dog from time to time, please contact us!